Expert - Now here for you with delivery of all products during lockdown.
Please view our lockdown delivery procedure and not that due to demand, delivery times may be slightly longer than expected.
Delivery of goods
Delivery- Important to note:
Expert delivers within the borders of South Africa only.
Deliveries are door to door and must be a physical address within the borders of South Africa and not a Post Box. We do not deliver to any postal addresses ie: deliver to a post box or to any post offices. Please ensure all delivery details including the postal code are accurate, as you will be liable for all additional handling and shipping charges as a result of such errors. Please also ensure that someone is available to sign for and receive your goods at the time of delivery. It will be deemed that you as the purchaser assign without prejudice and without a proxy to a party other than yourself to sign for your goods at your specified and confirmed delivery address should you be or not be present at time of delivery.
Should you have not received your delivery of goods after 24 hours of the expired delivery period you would need to contact us within a maximum of 48 hours. Should you fail to notify us of non delivery within the given period you agree that it would be deemed that you received the purchased goods.
Delivery of products purchased through the online store is subject to the geographical delivery framework as determined by our courier partner. Should your delivery address fall into one of these categories, you may be liable for the additional delivery cost, storage and or returning the parcel. (Category list as follows; plots, farms, mines, military bases, major chain stores, power stations, game reserves and lodges and harbours)
We will notify you of a failed delivery i.e: whereby no one was at the specified delivery address to receive and sign for the goods at the time of delivery. We will endeavour to reschedule the delivery with you within 24 – 48 hours; however you may be liable if any additional handling and shipping charges are incurred for a re-delivery.
Goods shipped in error /Incorrect goods delivered:
In the unfortunate event that you receive a delivery whereby the goods and or its quantity delivered to you does not match your products and it’s quantity as per your waybill/purchase order, you agree to notify us immediately upon receipt of such delivery on 087 095 5722 or via mail email@example.com, to have the incorrect goods collected and the correct goods delivered to you.
Damaged Goods delivered:
Please notify us within 24 hours of receipt of delivery on 087 095 5722 or firstname.lastname@example.org in the regrettable event that you receive a damaged product. We will do our utmost best to have the damaged product collected and a new product delivered to you within a maximum of 48 hours (weekdays only).
Price of delivery:
The price of your delivery is calculated automatically and will be displayed prior to the payment process, in the shopping cart and at checkout.
*Only the highest applicable delivery fee will be charged on multiple product purchases.
Delivery Periods important to note:
- We deliver on Monday to Friday from 08h00 to 17h00 to both business and residential addresses.
- No deliveries on a Saturday and Sunday and any Public Holiday
If you place your order before 12h00 on a Friday, as all deliveries exclude Saturday and Sunday, your delivery will be affected on Monday. Certain outlying Delivery Areas routes and centres may experience a 24-hour delay due to lack of transportation available to the location.
PLEASE NOTE: Delivery does not include installation. Should you require installation of your purchased product, we can arrange it for you at an additional cost.
You may collect from your selected Expert dealer by Prior written confirmation in order to ensure that the goods ordered are ready for collection and the payment has been received.
DELIVERY/COLLECTION IS SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF THE ORDERED ITEM AT TIME OF PURCHASE
Exchange & Return Policy:
Refunds are deposited directly into your credit card or bank account. This process may take up to 10 to 30 days to reflect. Refunds processing time frame will commence from time of goods received.
Return of purchases:
- Purchases may be returned or exchanged only at the Expert Store from which the goods were originally purchased. (These details appear on your sales invoice) subject to submission of the original receipt, and that the merchandise is in its original packaging and condition. In line with the CPA a handling fee of up to 15% of the value of the product may be charged when the product/packaging is not returned in its original purchase condition.
- Non-returnable/ non-refundable items
- Delivery and or installation costs
- Pre-paid cards
- Digital content
- Any damaged or abused items
To return an unwanted non-defective product, it must be:
- Returned within 30 days of the product(s) being delivered
- Undamaged and unused, with the original labels still attached
- In the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition
Once we have received your return product and it has been cleared by Expert, your will be credited, unless you requested a replacement or an exchange.
1. It’s important that any unwanted product, unless faulty, is returned in a re-saleable condition. We’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept all original packaging and labels, and that the product is undamaged and unused. We reserve the right to refuse a return or an exchange if products are returned damaged, or not in a saleable condition.
2. Returning products that are not what you ordered. If an incorrect product is delivered to you by mistake (i.e. it’s not the product you ordered), we’ll arrange to collect the product from you, and we’ll deliver the correct product to you as quickly as possible. Please don’t remove the product from its original packaging. Simply contact our customer service team on 087 095 5722 or email email@example.com to notify us, and we’ll take care of the rest.
3. Returning defective or damaged products
We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of a high quality. If you’ve received a product with a defect or fault, we’ll gladly replace the exact product at no additional cost to you. Where a replacement product is not available, you will be credited.
Certain products may come with a supplier’s warranty. If the product you received is found to be damaged or defective, and it is within the supplier warranty period, we’ll replace the product atour expense.
Faulty/defective products after 14 days: (excluding all televisions larger than 32” and large appliances)
In the unfortunate event that your purchased product becomes faulty/defective, you may opt to have it taken to the Expert store you purchased the product from. You will be entitled to the following option of as per the CPA (after goods has been inspected and assessed:
- Have such product repaired
- Have product replaced
- Be refunded the price paid
In the event that the product is found to be not faulty, you will be liable for all handling and shipping charges; for the collection and the re-delivery of the product to you. You will be liable if the goods are damaged or faulty as a result of misuse, abuse or negligence.
The warranty does not cover any defects caused by foreign objects /connection errors that is not part of the product, including but not limited to;
- use other than domestic use by the customer or his/her immediate resident family at the declared address appearing on the front of this document;
- failure by the customer or any other person to comply with the manufacturers’ instructions for installation, maintenance or use;
- the use of accessories which have not been approved by the manufacturer;
- the application and/or use of any incorrect or abnormal electrical or water supply to the appliance;
- any defect in wiring, electrical connections or plumbing which does not form part of the appliance at the time of the original purchase;
- the presence in the appliance of objects which the appliance is not intended to cope with, such as hairpins, coins and buttons in washing machines, hot food in fridges and chewing gum and wax crayons intumbledryers;
- neglect, misuse, or wilful abuse of the appliance;
- anything related to the appearance of the appliance which does not in Expert sole opinion prevent the appliance from working adequately: this includes but is not limited to cosmetic and manufacturers’ defects such as: discolouring of any part of the appliance, paint peeling off, cracked or broken handles, plates, hinges, wheels, panels, shelves or any portion of the product which is glass;
- rust or the effects of rust;
- repairs or attempted repairs of the appliance by any person other than Expert or its authorized repairers;
- any modification of the appliance by any person other than Expert or its authorized repairers;
- parts or items of the appliance which are expected to wear out before the extended warranty period expires, including but not limited to, batteries, filters, disposable bags, rubber or plastic hose pipes, drive or fan belts, fuses and/or light bulbs cartridges, toners or ribbons;
- fire, food, war, civil disturbance, industrial action, acts of God or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Expert;
- any defect arising out of the design of the appliance;
- any defect caused by lightning strike or power surges;
- blown or damaged speakers arising from misuse;
- any damage caused due to the use of generic or re-filled cartridges;
- any loss or destruction of, or any damage to any property whatsoever, or any loss expense whatsoever arising there from, or any consequential loss or any liability of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to, by or arising from ionizing, radiation, or contamination by radio activity from any nuclear fuel or any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel. Combustion shall include any self-sustain process of nuclear fission, or any loss, destruction, damage or disability directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to, by or arising from nuclear weapons material;
- In the case of cameras, the warranty does not apply to any accessories, batteries, charges, attachable lenses or additions which do not constitute the main body of the camera. In the case of Audio Visual equipment – remotes are not covered;
- In addition, Expert will not be liable for the costs of;
- maintenance, including cleaning, clearing of blockages and overhaul, insect infestation or paper jams;
- work covered by the manufacturers’ recall of the appliance;
- call out charges where the breakdown is not covered by the extended warranty;
- and material or labour which are recoverable from the manufacturer or any person who may be held responsible in terms of any other guarantee or warranty.
- Expert will not in any circumstances be liable for any consequential loss or damages suffered by the customer whether directly or indirectly related defect in the appliance to the extent permissible by law;
- Repairs may not be effected without prior authorization from Expert;
- In the case of an authorised repairer being called out for a fault covered by the warranty, the supplier shall pay the repairer for all labour and materials supplied in terms of the warranty, while the customer shall be liable to pay the repairer all other charges, including but not limited to the call out charge should no defect be found in the appliance;
- The repair will be carried out in terms of the warranty within a radius of sixty kilometres from the appointed service agent’s premises. Should the repairer be required to travel beyond this radius, the customer will be chargedat the prevailing AA rate per kilometre;
- Expert authorised repairers reserve the right not to do house calls in areas where their personal safety may be at risk;
- Warranty does not cover computer software.